After three months uniboobin’ it again, I got a tissue expander on the right side. I don’t know yet how many ccs were put in with it. I will find out at my follow up appointment with Dr. M on Friday. The procedure took a little over two hours, as there was some scar tissue that also needed to be cleared away. I got a drain :(. Boo! This time it is not coming right out of the middle of my armpit, but rather on the side. Not complaining about that one. Armpit drains are no fun at all!!!
Yes, I am in pain today. It’s not as bad as initial TE placement after the PBM, but it’s not far from it. Staying on top of the pain by setting alarms on my phone and sticking to a schedule. Also popping Arnica Montana to minimize the swelling and bruising.
I tried to get ahead of the post-op constipation and started downing prune juice Monday. Have been eating lots of fruit, veggies, granola. Also drinking a lot of water, green smoothies, and Smooth Move tea. Fingers crossed that I go soon. No a fan of the bloating and discomfort. Got another pair of compression knee highs as well as the tread socks as hospital souvenirs. I’m sexy and I know it! Today I’m just lounging in bed, reading, Facebooking, and loving my BFF, the backscratcher.
We wait six weeks for the body to heal and then start the expansion process. Once I find out how much was put in, I’ll have a better idea of how long this is going to take. I typically do 50cc expansions every two weeks. When we hit 550ccs I wait another four weeks before exchange surgery. Right now that is scheduled for July 23, but I may be able to go sooner again. We shall see!